What's new

Need Help w/ Samsung DLP (1 Viewer)

Rod_Rigo

Grip
All,

First post and I apologize that I'm already asking for help. I've been reading this forum on and off for a while and I've looked to see if anyone has had this problem but have not seen it.

I've had my Samsung DLP for about 18 months and just recently, I noticed a small rectangular black box about 1" long by a 1/4" tall on the upper left hand corner of the screen. It comes and goes and I've only noticed it while viewing recorded stuff off my Time Warner DVR. I'm not sure if it appears during regular TV watching or not but I haven't noticed it yet.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks for your help.

Rod_Rigo

Grip
I have a picture of the issue.

If anyone would like me to email you one, let me know. I've just watched regular TV for 2 hours and never noticed the issue. As soon as I began watching an episode of Sliders recorded on my DVR....BAMMM! The issue shows up!!!

It may be a problem with my Time Warner, Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 HD.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to Home Theater Forum, Rod. Your question is more appropriate to the Displays section, not Basics. (Basics is for general discussion at the beginner level -- i.e., "What is DLP?," for example.)

John Whittle

Stunt Coordinator
See if you can verify it only happens with the DVR. It could well be a flag from the DVR to mark a "recording" and prevent an additonal "recording". Normally these flags happen outside the picture area, but you never know what "new" method a company comes up with.

If it's only from the DVR, it is probably a copy protection issue and not set related. If you still have a VCR, try recording with that and playing back to see if yuo still have that problem.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks