What's new

Need help upgrading my logitech z5500 htpc system (1 Viewer)

aw73

Auditioning
Real Name
jhue
I have had my logitech z5500 as my home theater system for several years now. I would like to get something that sounds better but not spend over $500 on a new system. Either a htib or seperates. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been looking at two systems this one
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/onkhts5600/onkyo-ht-s5600-7.1-home-theater-package-7-spks-subwoofer/1.html

And this one
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/dendht1513ba/denon-dht-1513ba-home-theater-system-w/boston-acoustics-speakers/1.html

Would one of these systems be better or worse than the z5500?

I have been out of the home theater scene for many years now but use to be a religous reader of home theater magazine years ago. I use to own a marantz thx certified reciever that sounded great but lightning got it.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Both are light years better than the Z5500.More feature laden AVR(Onkyo) or "better" initial speakers...take your pick. Either will exceed your expectations.

aw73

Auditioning
Real Name
jhue
Thank you sam that is what i needed to know. Have you ever ordered from Accessories4less? Is it a good place to order from?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Not personally bought there(I used to sell wholesale, I can buy "the new one"...).Never heard any complaints. I might pick up the Focal Sibs for a family member headed to college. My former employer doesn't distribute Focal.

aw73

Auditioning
Real Name
jhue
I was thinking about just ordering the avr-e400 or the avr-x2000 from there and then getting the boston acoutics separately, instead of the e200 receiver.

aw73

Auditioning
Real Name
jhue
not sure if MultEQ XT is better than MultEQ. never used it or know what it is. the extra hdmi i dont need. not sure if the few extra watts and the screw terminals is worth the extra $75.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
aw73 said:
I was thinking about just ordering the avr-e400 or the avr-x2000 from there and then getting the boston acoutics separately, instead of the e200 receiver.
Depending on the price it might be worth it to just get the BA/Denon prepack for now and upgrade the AVR later. Unless you need the more advance features right away the $300 for a full BA set is not that bad.

aw73

Auditioning
Real Name
jhue
I got the Denon AVR-E400 and the Boston Acoustics MCS95 surround sound system. It sounds pretty good, better than the Logitech z5500. The subwoofer amp quit on me but Accessories4less took care of it quickly and Boston is sending me the new version of the subwoofer. This was my first purchase from Accessories4less. They have Excellent service and i will definitely be buying from them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamvui
Recent bookmarks