What's new

Need help uninstalling a program!!! (kinda long) (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I bought Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds this afternoon and was so looking forward to playing it. (Been wanting it for a year now.)

Here's the problem: At the end of installation, the install program asked me to reboot my PC. I clicked to reboot, but the PC froze up and became unresponsive. Finally, after about 5 minutes, the system told me it couldn't find a disc in my CD drive and shut down. Upon restart, I put in the game disc and clicked to play but the game couldn't find the startup files and told me to reinstall the program, then closed the dialog box. I ejected and reinserted the disc and clicked to uninstall. The wizard opened up and began to uninstall the program then closed and said it had finished performing mantainence on the program.

I checked the start menu path and the game was still showing as being installed. I opened C: and looked in my program files and found the install folder, but it was empty. I rebooted and looked again and it was still there. I put the game disc back in to see if I could reinstall but I was only given the options of playing or uninstalling. I tried to play, but got the 'file not found' message and the uninstall option gives me the "mantainence performed" line.

Next I tried to uninstall the game using Add/Remove programs in Control Panel. It gives me the same result and lists the game as taking up about 3M of space.

I'm totally perplexed. I've run a complete search on my HD, but the game is nowhere to be found, even though my PC thinks it is still there! How do I make my PC realize the game is no longer there? Help, please.

Thanks, Clint.

DarrenHo

Stunt Coordinator
i would delete the installation folder and do a registry check for "star". delete appropriate files. should then be able to reinstall.

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
You could try Norton or one of the other uninstall programs floating around...look at downloads.com (at CNET).

Sounds like your PC doesn't have something the game wants, or the installation is conflicting with some hardware or software you have...

Good luck.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Thanks for the replies. I finally figured it out. I had to delete the install file from C:, go into the InstallShield Installation Information folder and delete the uninstall file (which I found the write path to on the game disk setup.doc file), then go into the regestry and delete the LucasArts folder and all it's components. (Took a good 3 hours to fix.)

I reinstalled and it worked fine this time.

Thanks again for the quick replies. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks