What's new

Need help understanding about resolution. (1 Viewer)

Steve_-_K

Auditioning
I have put a infocus sp110 on layaway. We've seen it in action and I've seen very good revues on it. The dealer says it will project a high definition image. One of the write ups I've seen say this

"Ports for DVD, HDTV Set Top Box, VCR, TV Tuner, video gaming system, or computer. HDTV (1080i and 720p) compatible component video (YPbPr), and standard NTSC, PAL, and SECAM, plus the abilty to display all popular DVD formats."

I understand xga is 1024X784 and is considered minimum for High Definition. If I'm wrong don't be shy in telling me please.

I downloaded a spec file from infocus and it says under resolution that it is "848X480(16:9) and 800X600(4:3)"

Well, this really confuses me. Can someone please tell me with this thing really project a high definition image?
If not, how do I know I'm buying one that will?
Thanks
Steve K

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
No, it won't project high definition. It will project 848x480, which would be considered "EDTV" in today's nomenclature, not "HDTV". HDTV resolutions will be downconverted to match its native pixel matrix.

If you want true HD, look for pixel specs like 1280x720, 1280x768, or higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks