Need help translating for Japanese class: PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Thomas, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Scott Thomas

Scott Thomas Second Unit

I am taking my first Japanese class and we were given the assigment of a presentation.

I decided to talk about the Anime Urusei Yatsura because it deals with a great amount of Japanese Culture.

I primary decided to bring some tapes and show them to my class. I've written a short introduction that I need help in translating.

If someone knows how to translate, I would be VERY VERY VERY grateful.

you dont have to write in Hiragana or Katakana, I can do that semi-well.

If not, know a website or program that can help me?

Thank you

INTRODUCTION:

One of the most popular Manga series that was released in Japan in the early 1980’s was the manga “Urusei Yatsura”, it was written by the popular manga artist Rumiko Takahashi. The series had 34 manga volumes and 195 episodes is a favorite of both Japanese and American manga readers.

The story deals with 17 year old Ataru Moroboshi and the Oni Girl “Lum”, the location is the town of Tomobiki. There are many character and weird stories that takes place in this series.

2. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

3. Mike Huay

Mike Huay Stunt Coordinator

4. Yoshi Sugawara

Yoshi Sugawara Stunt Coordinator

Not an exact literal translation, but how's this:

Hachi-ju nendai de ninki datta manga wa Takahashi Rumiko no "Urusei Yatsura" deshita. Kono manga wa 34 satsu no hon totomoni *terebi* de 195 kai no *episo-do* o dashite ori, nihon to *america* no dokusha no uchi de ninki ga demashita. suto-ri wa Tomobiki no machi de okori, 17 sai no Moroboshi Ataru to Oni onna no Lumu no *kyarakuta-* ga shutsugen shitemasu. Manga no *shiri-zu* no naka de wa iro iro na kawatteru monogatari ga arimasu.

The words surrounded by astericks (*) are katakana.

Good luck!

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I believe that "Lum" should be written "Ramu" in katakana, (the real name is Lum, but Takahashi always wrote it that way)

I'm not a UY fan, so I'm digging back to an interview.

6. DavidMich

DavidMich Stunt Coordinator

I have found that eating about $100 of sushi/sashimi once a week works wonders.......in many ways!!![​IMG]