What's new

Need help to what material to choose for a good projector screen! (1 Viewer)

Christer Olsson

Auditioning
Hello!I have read a lot about to make a great screen for my home projector but I'm still confused... I need quiet good quality around 108" screen material. I have problem to make my room completely dark sometimes. I have checked about Carl's blackout clothes. But is i really good quality? I will be very happy if you can help me!! Right now I'm watching on my wooden frame 108" with grey cheap blackout polyester material and it's ok but only ok. So please help me to get something betterCrille

Christer Olsson

Auditioning
Could be, I know it's only Hd ready. But it says 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p, 1080i/p in technical data but anyway I just want to do the best of the situation, I built my wooden frame for the reason to mount some good material on it. The polyester gray material i bought was just for testing, so if you can advise me where to buy good material I will be greatfull!!

Christer Olsson

Auditioning
Up to say maximum 3-400$. Because right now I use very cheap polyester blackout cloth for around 50$. So if you know some good material I will be happy. I'm new to projector but I'm very impressed for the cheap projector I bought

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Christer Olsson said:
Thx for this but they are way over my budget. Maybe it's not possible to build my own projector screen ..... :(
Sure it is. Check out the DIY Screen section at Avsforum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks