What's new

Need help to setup PC to Energy Take Classic 5.1 (1 Viewer)

damastah

Auditioning
Real Name
dama stah
Hello guys, I am new here. I have bought the Energy Take Classic 5.1 a few years ago for my parents setup they have. They upgraded their theater system and I took back my Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers. I already have a better home theater surround system for my tv at the house, so I am trying to hook this bad boy up to my computer. I currently have the Logitech z5500 on my computer, but I feel like these sound better.

I was wondering if It is possible to hook these up while maintaining all of the computers features, (such as surround sound). I play a lot of video games and love the surround sound on the computer speakers.

I have tried searching, but could not find anything. If this is answered somewhere else please reply the link and close the thread. :D

Or if this is not posted in the correct section, please move it. I am noob :D

Thanks guys.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You need a set of amps. Which can be accomplished via...If your pc contains a multi-channel, you can run that to 5 amps.If your pc has analog, toslink or HDMI, you need a 5.1 receiver.

damastah

Auditioning
Real Name
dama stah
my computer also has digital audio port, coaxial audio port, and an hdmi.

i'm afraid if i use these ports i will lose my surround sound.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If you "lose" surround using digital(coax or optical) or HDMI...that is your setup of your computer.

Since you have multi-channel output...time to shop amps. 3 t-amps will set you back $100(have to use one mono with "nothing" going on in one channel).

damastah

Auditioning
Real Name
dama stah
hmm.... i gotta test see if i lose surround using digital.

i was thinking of using an av receiver? will this work as well instead of 3 t-amps? about the same price, but my parents have an av receiver they don't use that i can possibly steal?

my computer has both coax and optical, and hdmi. which method do you recommend if i don't lose surround?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Unless you plan on listening to lossless audio there is no reason for HDMI.(which the multi-channel analog would serve for lossless anyway).

For standard DD...and DTS

toslink=digital coax=HDMI=multi-channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks