What's new

Need help spending $4500 (1 Viewer)

Jimmy-J

Auditioning
I need to buy a new tv, and want a 55" 16:9 intergrated rptv, crt or lcd. Which would be better? I was looking at the mits ws-55511, but I don't want to overlook some of the other possibiltys out there. I was wanting to spend $3000 or a little more for the tv. I also need a never surround receiver for about $1000, and why where at it a dvd player for around $500. Can you guys help me pick out something, I know alot of you have researched these things but need a little reassurane on what to buy. Is there anything else I should consider?
Thanks Guys!

MikeM

Screenwriter
If I were you, here's the setup I would purchase:

Hitachi 57" RPTV (57TWX20B) ~ $2400
Panasonic DVD Player (CP-72) ~ $200
Sony DirecTV/HDTV Receiver (HD200 w/DVI) ~ $700

TOTAL: $3300 for a pretty damn nice setup. Just my 2 cents...

PaulHeroy

Stunt Coordinator
TV: Lots of nice choices in that size/price range. I'd be really tempted to look at the Samsung 50" DLP set, which may be a little more expensive, but no worries about burn-in.

Receiver: Denon 3803, Onkyo SR800, Sony DA4ES (I'd only look at Sony's ES gear), HK 525 are good models in that price range.

DVD Player: You can get a very good player w/prog. scan, DVD-Audio, DCDi and no chroma bug for around $220 w/$30 rebate: Panasonic CP-72.

Joshua Skains

Auditioning
Ok, just send me an e-mail to jskains at cox.net and I'll send you my home address. You can then send me the money and I'll help you spend it.

Thanks,
JMS

PaulHeroy

Stunt Coordinator
How about some more info on your decision points? You've given a budget, are there any other constraints, preferences, observations, etc.? Room size, viewing distance, lighting, style, anything that could affect your choice.

Jimmy-J

Auditioning
I want the best that I can get for those amounts. Lighting is no problem, my distance only alows for 55" and under.
On the receiver, I want one that supports all formats of surround sound. I would very much like to use one remote for all items.
Thanks

Dan Ponze

Stunt Coordinator
Here'd be my choices although you may go over budget:
Denon 3803 $1199
Denon DVD-900 - $299
Samsung 50 inch DLP - $4000
YOu can probably get discount if you buy both together to get you under that $4500 price cap. Bad part? No HDTV tuner included at that price. I don't really care since cable is going to give me one anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks