What's new

Need help setting up !! (1 Viewer)

James_H

Auditioning
First of all, sorry for my poor English, it is not my native language.

I have a receiver which run two set of speakers in two rooms (not A/B set up). One for complete surround set up and another one only stereo set up ( I hook the extra wires together in Front L+R).

Now I want to be able to turn on/off volume in these two rooms individually, like let the sound come out in two rooms together or turn off sound from one of these rooms while another room continue playing.

What should be my setup?
First - I was thinking about A/B set up but then I cannot have sound in two room at the same time, correct?

Second - I check volume control knob, which mean I have to buy two of these in order to control two speaker sets. The problem is that will cost me another 100 bucks and one of the set is full complete 5.1 setup and I don't need to turn up-down of volume just on/off should be adequate.

What elses are my option? thanks in advance

Tim K

Second Unit
Most receivers with A/B speaker options allow you to use A, B, or A+B at the same time. I would check your receiver to see before spending any money on separate controls.

James_H

Auditioning
Too bad this receiver doesn't have A/B speaker option:frowning: . I also check speaker selector but none has 5.1 input just only regular 2 channels stereo input. If anyone know where I can buy this kind of selector (I only need one with 5.1 input others can be stereo input) with option for (A/B, A and B), please let me know. thanks

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
James,

As far as I know no one makes a speaker selector/switching device capable of handling two 5.1 systems.

The best and probably cheapest way to get fully separate control of a second set of speakers is to use an old stereo receiver to power them. It shouldn’t be hard to find one for well under $100 at a pawn shop or on eBay.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks