What's new

Need help setting up subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Richard_E

Agent
Need some suggestions. I have a new Sony SAWM40 12" sub, Harman/Kardon AVR320 receiver, and Bose Acousticrap front/center/surrounds (I know, I know...I'll replace them in the future...just can't afford it right now).

Here's the question: How should I best setup the speaker settings on the receiver, given that bose speakers utilize their own subwoofer to separate out some of the lows. I can either put all speakers to "small" and let the new Sony sub take care of the lows. OR, I can put the fronts to "large" where the sony sub will get used for some lows, but then the Sony sub will be used for even lower frequencies. (I think).

I'm still learning this stuff. Basically I just want to make sure I'm leveraging my new sub to it's fullest to make the bose speakers sound better until I can afford to replace them.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Dan_C

Agent
Most would suggest setting all speakers to "small." By setting the fronts to "large", the fronts will see the full sound spectrum (that is, the sub will not see anything that the fronts already see). By setting the fronts to "small" everything below the crossover frequency set by you will be sent exclusively to the sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks