Need help setting up Mits RPTV as HTPC monitor.

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Brian Steeves, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Brian Steeves

Brian Steeves Second Unit

I am having a problem setting up my Mitsubishi 65413 as the Primary monitor on my HTPC. This is my first HTPC so I am a total newbie at this.

My current HTPC configuration is..

Athlon XP 2600M
    Abit NF7-S V2
    ATI Radeon 9600SE (both DVI and VGA)
    MYHD MDP-130
    Samsung 160G HD
    Maxtor 160G HD
    Lite-on 1653 DVD-RW
    Sony DVD-Rom
    XP Pro
    Mitsubishi WS-65413 CRT RPTV

So here's the deal...

I just did a fresh WinXP Pro install using a Samsung LCD monitor as my display connected via DVI. After installing all the available updates and drivers I installed the MYHD card and installed Powerstrip. I hooked up the Mits via the VGA loop through with the MYHD card.

I booted up and went right into powerstrip to set up the custom timings for the Mits. I also set up the MYHD parameters. First of all the MYHD output for HD works perfectly when in HD mode. However if I turned it off the Mits screen would go black. I figured out that I needed to setup the Mits as another display via the display menu and or the Catalyst settings.

I was able to finally get a desktop on the Mits with the toolbar and icons by making it the Primary display and not "extending" it to the other display. Of course
    I still has the Smasung hooked up at this time but after I changed the settings and had the desktop on the Mits I decided to reboot to make sure the Mits would be the Primary display...it didn't work? When I rebooted it set the Samsung again as the Primary display and I had to go through all the settings once again to get the desktop on the Mits. I then went into the Device Mangaer and uninstalled the Samsung thinking that when I rebooted the Mits would be the only display it saw and make it the Primary...it didn't! I got a distorted POST screen and the Windows splash screen and then it went black..

I guess what I'm trying to figure out it how to make the Mitsubishi the Primary desktop display and not have the Samsung connected at all. I want to be able to boot up the HTPC and have a usable desktop on the Mitsubishi screen right off the bat.

2. Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge Second Unit

After reboot, did you disconnect the Samsung? You could give that a try.

Sean