Need help setting up Mits RPTV as HTPC monitor.

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Brian Steeves, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Brian Steeves

Brian Steeves Second Unit

Dec 25, 2000
    I am having a problem setting up my Mitsubishi 65413 as the Primary monitor on my HTPC. This is my first HTPC so I am a total newbie at this.

My current HTPC configuration is..

Athlon XP 2600M
    Abit NF7-S V2
    ATI Radeon 9600SE (both DVI and VGA)
    MYHD MDP-130
    Samsung 160G HD
    Maxtor 160G HD
    Lite-on 1653 DVD-RW
    Sony DVD-Rom
    XP Pro
    Mitsubishi WS-65413 CRT RPTV

So here's the deal...

I just did a fresh WinXP Pro install using a Samsung LCD monitor as my display connected via DVI. After installing all the available updates and drivers I installed the MYHD card and installed Powerstrip. I hooked up the Mits via the VGA loop through with the MYHD card.

I booted up and went right into powerstrip to set up the custom timings for the Mits. I also set up the MYHD parameters. First of all the MYHD output for HD works perfectly when in HD mode. However if I turned it off the Mits screen would go black. I figured out that I needed to setup the Mits as another display via the display menu and or the Catalyst settings.

I was able to finally get a desktop on the Mits with the toolbar and icons by making it the Primary display and not "extending" it to the other display. Of course
    I still has the Smasung hooked up at this time but after I changed the settings and had the desktop on the Mits I decided to reboot to make sure the Mits would be the Primary didn't work? When I rebooted it set the Samsung again as the Primary display and I had to go through all the settings once again to get the desktop on the Mits. I then went into the Device Mangaer and uninstalled the Samsung thinking that when I rebooted the Mits would be the only display it saw and make it the didn't! I got a distorted POST screen and the Windows splash screen and then it went black..

I guess what I'm trying to figure out it how to make the Mitsubishi the Primary desktop display and not have the Samsung connected at all. I want to be able to boot up the HTPC and have a usable desktop on the Mitsubishi screen right off the bat.
  2. Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge Second Unit

Jan 13, 2000
    After reboot, did you disconnect the Samsung? You could give that a try.