What's new

Need help setting up HD audio (1 Viewer)

Josh W

Agent
I'm sure I have a setting wrong, I have a HDMI connection from a Panasonic DMP-BD35 to a Denon AVR-3808CI. Both can decode Dolby Digital TrueHD and DTS-HD Master audio formats. The problem I'm having is that when I select these formats on the disc the receiver just outputs Dolby Digital or DTS.

On my player I have both formats set to output as Bitstream - Is this right? What else do I need to look at? I have searched through similar posts but nothing that really tells me why this isn't working.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Not sure how your Denon works, but with my Onkyo there is a setting called "HDMI Audio Out". This setting allows the audio to passed through the AVR to the TV. When enabled, The BD player pick up on the TV's capabilities and uses only the old formats (since that is all my TV understands). I bet the Denon has a similar setting.

Josh W

Agent
Thanks for your replies, I'll check this out tonight. I only have a component connection to my Sony projector, there is no audio connections beyond the AVR. But the AVR is more complicated than I'm used to, so I'll check around and see what I can change regarding HDMI out.

Josh W

Agent
I couldn't find any "HDMI Audio Out" option or an equivalent. Any other ideas that I can try?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks