Need Help Setting Up Buttkickers and Amp...Please?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Mikko, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Mikko

Mikko Auditioning

Can someone help me to setup my 2 Buttkicker 2s and the Buttkicker Amp. My main amp is Denon 3801 and I have no clue how to connect this new Buttkicker amp and 2 Buttkickers to my system. What cables and other things do I need to buy? Where can I get them? Please be specific so I'll get the right things for sure... The user's manual was vague and I dont even understand half of what it says. Please help me!

Thank You

2. Mikko

Mikko Auditioning

No one knows???

3. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

do you already have a subwoofer connected to the denon 3801?

4. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

Put a "Y" splitter in your lfe feed from your amp to the sub, run feed from the available "Y" to the buttkicker amp, then run speaker wires to the buttkickers. Plug the amp into 110/120 and hold on.
    Good luck.

5. Mikko

Mikko Auditioning

Thanks for the advice. I tried today but couldn't get both the kickers and the subwoofer to work at the same time with the splitter. What can I do now??? IS it because I have a really low quality splitter cos it was the only one I could find or that no matter what kind of splitter I have they both cant get the signal or something completely different? Please advice....I cant wait to get them all working at the same time.

6. Mikko

Mikko Auditioning

No one knows???Pleaaaase......

7. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

That's strange.... A simple splitter should not inhibit signal flow so it is either a bad connection somewhere or one leg of your Y has a bad connection.

Another possible hookup is.... Most subwoofers have an input AND an output.... if yours does, then feed the signal from the output of the sub and into the shaker amp. This will eliminate the Y splitter. Other than that, just check all connections. Good luck.

Post your results and some of us will be around this weekend to help if needed. Good luck.

8. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

Try some of the following:

Set all speakers to small thus routing all the bass to the sub/lfe out.

Use a test disc to make certain things (ie signals) are working (maybe a defective AVR).

Check your wiring (ie for the buttkickers make certain they are not out of phase due to miswiring).

Double check all settings (especially the phase of the buttkicker amp vs the standalone sub amp).

Email all manufacturers of your products and see if they have any pictorial diagrams to send you that might clear things up.

Double check the Denon's manual and see if there is a lfe limiter/peak control and disable it.

9. RickBlacker

RickBlacker Stunt Coordinator

Wow... I am suprised. Here is someone who knows very little about setting up audio gear (at least that is the impression I get) and he has already invested in some buttkickers [​IMG] You go boy!

What amp are you pushing them with. I am assuming you are aware that they require an amp with a LOT of amps.... Right?

If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for your kickers and amp.

10. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

Actually Rick, the Auras drive very easy and only takes a small amp to make'em shake like hell. I use a partsexpress 150w mono amp to drip 4 of the aura pros and I keep it at about 60% gain. The smaller shakers only need about 50 watts to drive two of them and they will overdrive a little too easy. The pro models are pretty solid and take the juice a little better.

11. Guest

Hi I need some help to set up the buttkickers. the buttkicker amplifier and te set up configuration on the a/v receiver because I had all the connection already made but the buttkicker is not shaking anytime PLEASE HELP ME