What's new

Need Help PLEASE (1 Viewer)

JohnnyK

Auditioning
I'm getting close to a final decision on a new receiver. I'm using Polk RM6600 Speakers with a Polk PSW350 Subwoofer.

It's between the HK 330, a Marantz 6300 or 5300 (both Refurbs) or a NAD T742.

I'm more of an audio guy, but would like to enjoy my dvds in pretty decent surround as well. The system will ultimately end up in an 800 sq. ft. finished basement.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

John S

Senior HTF Member
Go with the NAD, just because it is cooler... lol

Just an opinion, but it was an honest one.

Michael Lane

Auditioning
Im currently buying a NAD T742, i was trowing up between it and also marantz 5300, and Denon 1804. The marantz appeared to be the best at first glance with 6.1, on screen display, 90w. but then i looked closer and the NAD weighs about 2kg more, and this is with 1 less channel, it also gave the power ratings with all channels and also gave the dynamic power, which was higher than the marantz's. i figured that at the same price the NAD was a better buy for me.
keep in mind i was after pre-outs so this ruled out the denon which is also very good.
Go the NAD, and if ur budget stretches get the T752 as it is meatier and has a learning remote.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I would say the NAD also. I compared the NAD to the MARANTZ and the marantz didn't have all the depth/clarity the NAD did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks