Need help please, Year old Pioneer Elite VSX-37TX or Denon 3802

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Thang_N., Sep 27, 2002.

1. Thang_N.

Thang_N. Stunt Coordinator

Hi all,

I would appreciate any advice you could provide. I am pretty new to the home theater realm of Technology.

I recently purchased a Denon 3802 w/ 4 year warranty for alittle over 700 from an authorized dealer. But I was offered to buy a Pioneer ELITE VSX-37TX from someone who also purchased his Receiver from an authorized dealer, who would sell it to me for $700 as well.

Would it be a good idea to buy the Pioneer that is a year old and still under the 2 year warranty, or keep my Denon?
    I don't really know what the difference and what the features would really do for me too much. I see the Pionner is THX certified, but don't know really what that means.

:b

I plan to purchase the paradigm 60/CC/20 setup.

Also I know this might belong in the Speaker subwoofer thread but he is also selling the Earthquake Supernova subwoofer that is a year old for 675.

Please help me if you can,

Thanks

2. Chris Carswell

Chris Carswell Supporting Actor

The Pioneer IMO is a slightly better unit for HT. I currently have the 35tx but will be upgrading soon to the new 45tx. This new unit for Pioneer will CRAP ALL OVER THE 3802!!! Cost = $865.00 online. If that is a little steep go with the 43tx which is still better than the 3802. You can grab that one for $740.00 I have heard them both and they are amazing for the $$$. You won't be disappointed.
    You can sell your Denon for a good chunk of change now before the new 3803 comes out and then the up-grade to the 45tx will only cost you a few hundred.

3. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

I would keep the 3802.

4. Chris Carswell

Chris Carswell Supporting Actor

Oh yah, I guess I should answer your original question :b
    I would probably keep the 3802 over the 37tx as well. I like the Pioneer unit better but, you bought the 3802 new, you have the warr., you know how it has been used etc. Plus you get all seven ch.'s powered were the 37tx only has 5 powered with the other 2 ch.'s having pre-amp outs. Oh course that doesn't matter if you are running a 5.1 system.
    Go listen to the 45tx if you want an upgrade [​IMG]