What's new

Need Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pioneer VSX - 912K (1 Viewer)

GlenRF

Agent
I am wanting to get a Pioneer VSX-912k receiver but I am wondering will it work with my newly acquired Denon DVD-2800, was wondering if there would be any problems because of manufacturer or technology problems any help would be grateful thanks.

Lee M T

Second Unit
I can't forsee any problems. The Pioneer has every connection possibility, pretty much. So, that's not an issue. The Pio remote should have no trouble operating a Denon product. :) If you will be running progressive scan and you will be hooking the Denon up to the receivers comp video ins instead of the TV's, then there may be a quality issue, since the Pio doesn't have HDTV quality comp ins/outs...it's at 27Mhz I believe.

Good luck,
Lee

The Void

Agent
Real Name
Jason
I think the compenent switching on the VSX-D912K is 40MHz not 27MHz. Crutchfield lists it as 27MHz but someone at AVS forum got someone at Pioneer to confirm it is 40MHz.

Mike Likens

Stunt Coordinator
Glen, make sure all of your speakers are securly connected. If using bare wire make sure no stray wires are making any kind of contact with the wrong terminal. This would be one thing that would cause your receiver to shut down.

What type of speakers are you using? Do they dip low in the ohm rating as to place a burden on your amps? This too will cause a shutdown of your receiver.

GlenRF

Agent
I am running the nsp JBL package and for my mains I am using N26 series-2 speakers and a JBL 10 inch sub I chose these speakers because I like the sound I use this for movies and very little if any stereo play and I am just starting out in teh home theater world and I am not yet a audiophile so I hope this set-up will do the job for me thanks for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks