What's new

Need help picking Pre- amp for Pass Labs Amp and Aerial 10T speakers (1 Viewer)

WarrenCo

Agent
I can really use some advice on this. I currently use the Morrison ELAD Pre and it sounds really great with the Pass Labs X350 and Aerial Acoustic 10T's but the system is in my bedroom and I really want a remote control for the volume as well as a sleep timer. A tuner would be nice as well.

So my needs are.

1. Great Sound (not bright)
2. 2 channel (more is ok just not a "need")
3. Remote control for volume
4. Sleep Timer
5. 12 Volt trigger (to trigger amp on and off)
6. Tuner
7. Not too expensive maybe $2,000 or less (used is an option)

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance.

Ryan Tsang

Second Unit
I don't have experience with the your equipment but I thought I'd throw out a suggestion anyway. Have you considered Classe? I read somewhere a while back that Kelly uses it in his own system. You could email Aerial directly....

www.classeaudio.com

I have the CC3 and love it. I'm considering a used pair of 10T when I have my house finished.

How big is your bedroom? Is the 10T's bass generous? I read that the 8B's deep bass makes it more placement sensitive than a less ambitious speaker.

Have fun!

WarrenCo

Agent
My bedrrom is pretty big. Its an odd shape so its hard to say probably about 20 x 15 in sq ft. The bass on the 10T's is great, just be careful not to put them to close the a wall or corner. I didn't care for the sound of the 8b myself, but I love the 10T's. You might say I am a little obsessed with them. I have 3 pairs. So I would definately reccommend them :). Good luck with your system.

I am considering a used IR RDC 7 Pre now. I already have one in another sy stem and really like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HobbitGolf
Recent bookmarks