What's new

need help on where to place stuff in this odd room. (1 Viewer)

ben hunt

Stunt Coordinator
I am setting up in my basement. It's like an shaped like this
|====|
|.......|
|...............|
|........C....X|13'
|...............|

Geoff S

Stunt Coordinator
You couldn't side mount them? Would work great if the were dipoles, or point them at the listening position if they're direct. Like this:

|..........|
|..........|
|..........S
|........................|
|SB....................|
|..........C...........X|13'
|SB....................|
|..........S............|

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Take a look at http://www.dolby.com/ht/Guide.HomeTheater.0110.pdf for a good read. Its an 18 page pdf document and should give you some great ideas to work with. Nice illustrations and clear language. As far as the surrounds go, provided they're not huge speakers, you can certainly mount them on your walls (I assume that's a drop ceiling). To be creative you could head on over to Home Depot's pipe/plumbing section and jury rig something with galvanized pipe/elbows/swivels/ etc. It could be anchored into what I guess are your cement or cinderblock walls using lead anchors with the holes drilled using a masonary bit. Don't like the look of galvanized? Paint em! This would allow you to move them around a bit and also stick them out of the way when needed. Good luck!

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
There is an option to place them on a table behind the couch facing the ceiling. It that room it would give a nice difuse effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks