1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help on tv decsion projection vs tube vs hdtv

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by WillPec, Dec 13, 2001.

1. WillPec

WillPec Extra

I have a budget between 1500-2000 and I am currently leaning towards the sony 36 wega. I am not as pleased with the picture quality on projection that falls in my budget, and I cant't decide if hdtv is worth the extra bucks. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Will

2. Jerry AZ

Jerry AZ Stunt Coordinator

For what its worth, I was also looking at TV's awhile back. I decided to just stay with my ol' 27" for now. I couldn't justify to myself a HDTV with the small amount of programing out there right now, not to mention that you have to get an over the air antenna for most of it. When I can plug in my cable box and get HDTV, then I'll buy one. On the other hand I also decided not to buy a new regular TV. I'll wait and see what happens in the next couple of years to decide which I'll eventually pick up.