Need help on This!

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Djordje, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Djordje

Djordje Auditioning

OK here's the deal. I have Diva 6.1 and C3 plus Axiom QS4 for speakers. The AV is H&K8000, amp is Parasound HCA-855a. For my ears beauty is an understatement. And no I am not having problems...well not exactly. My Dad down in Florida(or up depending where you live) called and told me he wants to get something "solid" for his HT. And when asked why-he admits his all-in-one Aiwa blew on him. Then he tells me that he went to a local store and saw "Bose for $600.00" and that was expensive. Man have I got a problem-here's a guy in his 80's and wants something close to my setup for less than $600.oo!!! So I ask all the wonderful members of this forum, what would you do if this was YOUR Dad? Oh...yeah he heard my setup and loves it!

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

JBL NSP 5.1 from Best Buy ($250), Sony SA-WM500 ($199) plus a cheap AVR...Pioneer VSXd412, ($179).

For roughly $650 this should be better than bose, but will require some knowledge for proper setup. One-stop shopping, to make it easy on the guy.

Plenty of options, really, this is just one.

- CM

3. John S

John S Producer

Onkyo SR501 6.1 AVR, from ecost for $185

Sony SA-WM500 12" Powered Sub from BestPriceAudioVideo.com for $135

Qty 3 pair Yamaha NS-6490 available for like $74 per pair at tweeter and probably even cheaper with some prudent web searches.

I actually installed this setup a while back, the HT performance was real good, the music performance decent.

Best of luck with him....

4. Djordje

Djordje Auditioning

Thanks will look into this.[​IMG]