Need help on SVS decision

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Michael Young, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Michael Young

Michael Young Stunt Coordinator

Okay im pretty sold on the SVS 20-39CS.

I wonder what power I should bother ordering. the 20-39CS powered w/ the Samsung 700 amp.

Just the sub?? and look into alternative power?

or the PCi w/ built in amp.

Honestly I have never dealt with Home Theater Preamps etc. I have a Sony STR-DB940 Receiver. Right now Im using a Acoustics Research 12" powered sub connected to the LFE on this sony.

Im trying to get the best sound for the money. I noticed the PCi is much cheaper than the Powered CS, whats the difference??

I also have seen a few mentions of different amps that may sound better??? for cheaper price overall.

2. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

Honestly I went through the same dilemma. But I emailed ron and he basically told me its easier and cheaper to do their powered series.

3. Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy Supporting Actor

Unless you plan on adding another CS in the future, go for the PCi. I went back and forth with the same decision and I finally decided on the PCi. Tom V answered about 10 emails from me about this and a few other things that really helped me make my decision.

4. Edward J M

Edward J M Cinematographer

The PCi is cheaper than the CS/S700 combo because you are paying for a spare (unused) amp channel in the Samson.

The PCi BASH amp is custom tailored to the application, and has all the requiste features and controls needed for a subwoofer amp.

Get the PCi - it offers plug and play convenience, and will extract the most/best performance from the sub.

Regards,

Ed