What's new

Need help on SVS decision (1 Viewer)

Michael Young

Stunt Coordinator
Okay im pretty sold on the SVS 20-39CS.

I wonder what power I should bother ordering. the 20-39CS powered w/ the Samsung 700 amp.

Just the sub?? and look into alternative power?

or the PCi w/ built in amp.

Honestly I have never dealt with Home Theater Preamps etc. I have a Sony STR-DB940 Receiver. Right now Im using a Acoustics Research 12" powered sub connected to the LFE on this sony.

Im trying to get the best sound for the money. I noticed the PCi is much cheaper than the Powered CS, whats the difference??

I also have seen a few mentions of different amps that may sound better??? for cheaper price overall.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Honestly I went through the same dilemma. But I emailed ron and he basically told me its easier and cheaper to do their powered series.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
Unless you plan on adding another CS in the future, go for the PCi. I went back and forth with the same decision and I finally decided on the PCi. Tom V answered about 10 emails from me about this and a few other things that really helped me make my decision.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
The PCi is cheaper than the CS/S700 combo because you are paying for a spare (unused) amp channel in the Samson.

The PCi BASH amp is custom tailored to the application, and has all the requiste features and controls needed for a subwoofer amp.

Get the PCi - it offers plug and play convenience, and will extract the most/best performance from the sub.

Regards,

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks