What's new

Need help on my first DIY...12" powered sub (1 Viewer)

Adam C.

Stunt Coordinator
So my JBL PSW-D112 amp broke. I was looking into an SVS as a replacement but do not have the $$. So I was suggested to build a Adire Shiva sub.

As of now I'd like to just replace the plate amp on the JBL and later upgrade the driver.

Can I have suggestions on a plate amp? Specific ones/websites.

Also if I go with the Adire driver will it work with my JBL box (maybe only replacing the port?)?

Thanks for any advice as I venture into DIY hometheater.
(I am not a total novice as I have been doing car audio installs for 5 years now.)

Adam C.

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the link...

I downloaded WinISD...When to go to put the number in and such, the Adire Shiva is not one of the options for a driver...what a similar one to put in?

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
When I downloaded Winisd, I thought it was preloaded. In Winisd, just click on editor button from the top bar. Next, just enter the theile/small parameter from here:
http://www.adireaudio.com/diy_audio/...dire/shiva.htm

There is also a help section in Winisd that should be able to help you if you run into any problems.

Make sure the units are the same. To change the units in Winisd, just click on the unit of measurement until it comes to the appropriate one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks