What's new

Need help on multi-room speaker system (1 Viewer)

Jay Lowe

Auditioning
Real Name
J
Hello,
I am in desperate need of some help, I have found nothing on the topic through googling and I am far from tech-savvy.

I am in the currently in the process of having a house built.
The home builders are installing speakers in two rooms of the house,
2 speakers in the kitchen on the main floor and 2 speakers in the on-suite on the second floor.
The speaker wires for both rooms terminate in the basement of the house.
My question is what would I need to install in order to be able to play one spotify account from my
phone in one room and a different spotify account from a different phone in the other room at the
same time? Keeping in mind the units would likey be installed in the basement where the cords are, and I would like to connect via cell phone 2 floors above

Thanks!!

PLF

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason Perkins
I am no expert by any means but I have an old onkyo receiver that can take two inputs and do like a dual zone and output 2 different music/whatever. Maybe what you are wanting is a receiver that can do something similar. I am sure the newer model of receivers could do something like that?

Jay Lowe

Auditioning
Real Name
J
Thanks for the response! I keep being pointed towards the Sonos system, unfortunately I would need to purchase one amp per set of speakers, so for me 2 rooms = 2 amps, Sonos run somewhere around $600 per amp so its going to be costly just to listen to music.
Hoping someone out there has a cheaper solution

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks