Need help on CRT projectors/iSCAN/switcher...?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by KenWong, Apr 24, 2005.

1. KenWong

KenWong Stunt Coordinator

Nov 15, 2003
    I just purchased a VPH-1271q off ebay, since I've been wanting to set up a projector that can view regular TVs. (Without worrying about the bulb life of course) And yes, after I purchased my first projector, I couldn't go back to regular televisions for the price.

So here's my dilemna, first off, I'm not too familiar with HD15 and BNC plugs. I have a computer, xbox, bravo D1, and a POS panny receiver that doesn't have component inputs, how can I do video switching with the projector? Does it usually have enough inputs to do the switching?

Secondly, can somebody explain to me the whole idea of a deinterlacer or the iscan dvdpro. Correct me if I'm wrong but are they used to boost up a certain signal say 480p to 720p? If that's the case, can I get rid of my upscaling DVD player?

Have anybody here used the pc-1271. These are the switchers that allow you to "create" your own switcher by letting you mess with the different cards and such. Is there any problems with this? and with this, can you still get HD signals through it?

What the heck is convergence, it seems like everybody is playing with it, and with a 21 point convergence, what's so grand about it and what does it allow me to do?

And my last question is, do CRT projectors require a bigger distance to project a huge screen than say, the infocus X1?

Thanks for all the help guys.
  2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Aug 19, 2002