What's new

Need help on building my own in-wall cables (1 Viewer)

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
I'm going to be buying some bulk, in-wall cable and will need to be attaching the connectors at either end.

This will be the first time I've ever done this, so I was curious if anyone could clue me in on the difficulty of making the appropriate connections. I'm going to do a run of S-Video and a run of Component Video.

I'm just concerned about properly attaching the wiring to the connectors, etc. Any advice would be appreciated, or are there any resources out there like a website or books that could clue me in on doing this?

Thanks!

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Here is a very good link to Chris White's web site that gives detailed instructions for coax cables with RCA/BNC/F connectors.
SVideo connectors are a problem. They take a lot of skill to do properly. I would suggest you try www.markertek.com for a custom cable with the SVideo connector (called "DIN") already installed.
Some people use 2 ordinary RG6 coax for Svideo, and buy an adaptor with BNC connectors (cause they lock) to convert to the SVideo plug. Someone on eBay was selling this.
Good Luck.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to move this to the "Tweeks/Connections" fourm where you might get more response and other opinions on how to go about it. :)
You might also search the DIY and "Building a HT Area" fourms for "in-wall" and "in wall".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks