need help on building a new pc

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by felix_suwarno, Mar 27, 2002.

1. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

my mobo is epox 8kha+, the pc case is antec whatever.
    the epox mobo manual sucks big time.
    i have tons of questions :
    - the power led cable from case has 3 pins, while the power led connector on mobo has 5 holes. what to do?
    - i want to make sure that the pc would be set on 110 watt wattage. how? no info on mobo manual.
    - i want the mobo to delay the power off button to 4 sec. no info on manual.
    - i want to pull out my dvdrom from my old pc, and plug it in to the new one. do i have to tell my old pc that it doesnt have a slave cdrom anymore? i also want to pull out the floppy drive and the network card.
    - is it absolutely necessary to get a new network card that works with windows xp since my current one doesnt have a driver for xp?
    - i couldnt find win xp driver for my current network card. i want to use it on my new pc, and this pc is running win me ( which sucks BIG TIME ).
    my network card is this :
    http://www.bestbuy.com/Detail.asp?m=...576&e=11027320
    i am looking for an xp driver for that card at linksys website, but i couldnt find it. is this it?
    http://www.linksys.com/Products/prod...rid=26&prid=31
    the website is very user unfriendly. what to do? sell the network card and buy a new one that is known supported with xp driver?
    please. ohhhhhhh please heeeeeelp. i beg you guys. people who dont help me suck! heheh

2. Salvador

Salvador Second Unit

3. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

thanks for a fast reply, salvadorrr.

but i have win xp for home. not pro. i thought pro and home are different beast altogether.

i will try it though. thank you.