What's new

need help of really smart people!! (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Well, I do the (London) Times cryptic crossword every day, and I can't solve the wretched thing.

Benny, is it possible that these letters are ones that your mother *didn't* need from a bigger collection and they were put in the box for safe keeping?

Lary Larson

Stunt Coordinator
A few from my name:

A YARN ROLLS: zen koan?
SALARY LORN: story of my life
ARYAN ROLLS: mmm, tasty Aryans (reminds me: watch American History X please)
RALLY SONAR: who needs that other dude yelling in your ear? discriminating rally racers use RALLY SONAR
SALLY RNA OR: my mom's name is Sally - something I should know Mom?
ALL RNA ROSY: ah, thanks for clearing that up
SNARL ROYAL: next tattoo?
and, last but not least, my favorite:
SNARLY ORAL: no comment

Benny G

Second Unit
My ma always cuts out a set of letters to use for a certain phrase, so no, they wouldn't be from a bigger set.

I showed her the list of possibilities (from that web page), and now she says "maybe" there is a letter missing. I wouldn't count on it, though. It's a safer bet that the "phrase" she used the letters for wasn't composed entirely of words. (Maybe scattered letters or something...? I don't know, and neither does she.)

The guess: PRAWNS! DUCK! RIDES! ...was actually one of the first combinations I came up with. (Or some variation of plural/singular of those words.)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Very funny ideas! This is almost impossible not knowing how many, if any, letters are missing.

But, since this is a 3rd grade classroom, that does narrow it down. I can only guess that it refers to a local place in town. In my 3rd grade we had city history. That was a while back, though!

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks