What's new

need help: nsp1 or Velodyne CHT speaker systems (1 Viewer)

Yong Chan

Stunt Coordinator
Then, get your choice of either N28s or N38s as mains. This way you have a full 7.1 speaker setup.
I have the nsp1 pkg using the Onkyo txsr 600. I have speaker connections for a rear center speaker. How would you connect two more for a 7.1 setup? Or do I need a different receiver?

Been thinking about upgrading the mains like everyone else.....

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Since your receiver does not support 2 back surround speakers, you would have to either use only 3 of the N24s in a 6.1 setup, or Wire the back two in series. You would do this by running the + from the receiver to the + on Speaker 1, then the - on speaker 1 to the + on speaker 2, and then the - on speaker 2 to the - on the receiver.

Either way would sound nearly the same. The only advantage of a 7.1 setup is the rear sound field is a bit more diffuse and less directional. This creates a marginaly better sound stage and you notice a bit less which speaker sounds are comming from. It's not big difference, but a difference none the less.

I'm using the Pioneer 811S, which has support for 2 back surrounds.

Lisa

Grip
Hey DavidJohn

I've had the NSP1 set up along with a JBL 12 inch sub for about a year and it sounds great. Just one word of caution when ordering a powered subwoofer online - make sure they have a good warranty! I used an online place to order a 12 inch sub for my dad and it turns out that they used a part that had been recalled in it and cost around $150 to fix (the web site that claimed it "honored most manufacturer's warranty" indeed did not honor the warranty!)!

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks