What's new

Need help naming classic arcade game (1 Viewer)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.

My mom had a friend who had a great basement with a jukebox and about 3-5 arcade games about 12-13 years ago. He had some real fun ones like Asteroids but there was one in paticular that I had a great time with but I only vaguely remember certain things about it and it's one of those things that is really bugging me.

What I remember about the game:

1. The viewpoint was an overview, similar to that of the original Grand Theft Auto for the PC.
2. It was about a single character, like a soldier who had to ride a Jeep/Tank looking vehicle and could shoot from either side of the vehicle or run and shoot a weapon.
3. I think each level was a different country, but I could be mistaken.
4. The vehicles on screen were the size of Micro Machines.
5. The character was white, and very tiny on screen - he may of had a bandana, but that's a maybe.

I know I'm pretty vague but if there's an off chance you have a fleeting guess, I'd be really greatful! Thanks!

Ryan

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Thanks Brandon!

I don't think that Ikari Warriors is the game in question, but it looks really similiar.

I just remembered that there were barrels throughout the game that would roll down and you would shoot at them.

Thanks again.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Hey Ryan,

You couldn't be talking about Jackal, could you? It was an arcade game, but most people might know it when it was on the Nintendo Entertainment System.

Here's a clip of the arcade version:

YouTube - Jackal

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Well Steve, I'm about 95% sure that "The Jackal" is the game in question. I really appreciate it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks