What's new

NEED HELP! Movie ideas for tax story... (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I work at a TV station and am putting together a story about folks that were supposed to get their TAX rebates last year but they never came. We have interviewed a bunch of people, but so far we have very little in the way of visuals.

Does anyone know of a movie that has the big powerful tax man behind a big desk looking down at the little people?

One of the elderly couples we talked to just got back from traveling the USA in their Winnebago. "Lost in America" with Albert Brooks comes to mind. Are there beauty shots of the Winnebago travelling across America,,,without credits over it? Or any other movies with this kind of scene?

And I also need a shot of the Grim Reaper (don't ask!)

Any help you guys can give me will be most appreciated.

-Thanks, Ric

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
For some great shots that could be used with modification, check out "Brazil". For the Grim Reaper, "Monty Python's The Meaning of Life", "Scrooged" and "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey."

Guy Martin

Second Unit
Another vote for Brazil. And check out Gilliam's Adventures of Baron Munchausen for a terrific, creepy grim reaper. Also there's a quick clip at the beginning of LA Confidential of the IRS arresting Mickey Cohen for "nonpayment of federal income tax". And there was a pretty good episode of The Simpsons where the IRS busts Krusty and Krustyburger becomes IRSBurger that might provide some good material. Unfortunately it's not on DVD yet, but if your station gets Simpsons reruns you might have a tape lying around.

- Guy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks