Need help mounting JBL S26s

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Kasprzak, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Mark Kasprzak

I just picked up a couple of JBL S26s to go with my AVR-3802 ([​IMG]), and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations on how to mount them on my walls. I know where I need them to go, but I need to get the hardware to do it - I've been looking at some of the brackets from partsexpress, but if anyone has other suggestions, I'm open to them. [​IMG]
    Thanks!
    Mark

2. Steve Zimmerman

Steve Zimmerman Second Unit

Hmmm. I thought that the S26s had four holes in the back of the speaker so you could mount them directly to the wall. Inside the speaker box there is a paper template showing how far apart the screws need to be. You simply place the template on the wall where you want the speakers to go and make starter holes by poking a small nail into the appropriate spots on the template.

The S26s don't weigh very much so there's no need to mount on a stud. You can use molly bolts if you have any stability concerns.

--Steve

3. Mark Kasprzak

Right - the S26s were just delivered today - they're in a box in my garage ATM. I knew about the holes on the back, but because of the way my room is set up, there's no way for me to mount the fronts so that they'd be pointing forward, and I'm not able to use stands. I'll have to rig something with mounts until I can move into a different room. [​IMG]

4. Steve Zimmerman

Steve Zimmerman Second Unit

Sorry, Mark. I misunderstood what you meant by "mount them on my walls." Good luck in your search.

--Steve

5. Mark Kasprzak

Okay, scratch that. I took the S26s out of the box, and no pre-drilled holes anywhere. The N26s I looked at in BB had them, but not here. I'm still pretty new to this - generally, how do people mount bookshelf speakers? I'd assume you don't wnat to drill holes in your speakers...