Need help: Listen to this on LoTR: FotR disc

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Brad_See, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Brad_See

Brad_See Stunt Coordinator

Can some of you do me a favor? Go to the second disc of Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings where the fellowship is about to be attacked by orcs and the cave troll at the tomb in the mines of Moria. Turn up your system loud and when Gimli says something like "There is one dwarf in Moria who still draws blood" or something to that effect right before the doo doo hits the fan and they start breaking through. Does Gimli's voice sound like it's clipping in your center speaker when he says that one line? I'm trying to determine if they mixed it too loud or if my BIC DV62CLRs CC just can't handle it...I suppose it could possibly be a receiver problem too. Does anyone else notice this happening on your system? That bugs me since I JUST bought this speaker.

brad cook

2. Nick Breckon

Nick Breckon Stunt Coordinator

Not a problem on my system.

3. LauriM

LauriM Auditioning

The line is "There is one dwarf yet in Moria who still draws breath".

I tested both the DD5.1 and DTS6.1 tracks from region 1 extended edition. The word "breath" is distorted, even with a lower volume setting. I think that line was recorded too loud - but that's just a guess.

My center speaker is a Gradient Prelude. I also tested with a phantom center from front L/R (Gradient Evidence Mk IIs). My receiver is a Yamaha RX-V800.

4. Brad_See

Brad_See Stunt Coordinator

Lauri,

Thanks so much! I knew I was probably botching the line up but I was supposed to be working on my resume and my wife wouldn't be too happy if I went in there and started up LotR. I was kind of thinking it was the movie and I'm glad to hear that you're hearing it too.

brad cook