1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Need help interpreting this dream I had.....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dome Vongvises, May 2, 2002.

1. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Rather than dig up the other dream thread about a cemetary, I wanted to call attention to this particular dream I had about four years ago. I've tried using several sources at my disposal, and I still can't find a good solid interpretation for it. I don't mind at all if my fellow HTF members joke about it (hell, I'm the guy on this forum who can't be serious for longer than five minutes), but I would at least like one serious interpretation.

The dream starts out very strangely. I'm in a packed courtroom, and I think I hear people talking back and forth. From the dress of the people, it looked like I was in the Old West. My "view" (if you can call it that) was advancing up the aisle, and I see a man seated at the defendant's table. A crying woman and a child were seated behind him in the "crowd" seats. The three were huddled together like some sad, united family. My "view" then proceeded towards the judge's seat, and the next thing I knew, I was in it and looking over the whole court.

It gets fuzzy here, and all of a sudden I perceive to be what looked like two lawyers arguing a case before my eyes. Even though I could hear the "wife" and "child" crying, the lawyers' "voices" were mute to me. The "defendant" looked like some downtrodden man, a person who was so down on his luck you anybody would've felt pity for him.

This went on for a short period of time, and then I noticed the lawyers sitting down. Next thing I knew, I was pointing my gavel (sp?) at the defendent, and a huge wail of sorrow came from the wife. The "defending" lawyer simply patted the man on the back while the defendant was closely hugging his wife and child.

Then this is where it gets strange. The dream "shifts" to where it's out in the middle of a Western town street with a huge, gathering crowd. I remember my "view' consisted of being on what looked like to be those platforms where they hung people. Next thing I know, the defendant was being brought up to the platform and a noose was fitted around him. The strange thing was I only kept hearing the sounds of that woman and child crying. Only this time, they were begging for mercy, and the child was begging for daddy to be let go. Next thing I knew, I yanked something everything went silent. I looked to my right, and I see the body of the man dead.

I walked down the platform, and proceeded to go away from it. It was then that I noticed that the huge crowd was gone. I continued walking until I got to what looked like the end of the street and finally turned around. The wife and child were huddled around the hanging dead man's feet. It was then that I noticed that the sound "returned" and heard their crying. It was kind of like soft sobs of pain and sorrow. I don't know why, but I just stood there watching those two share their pain. That's when the current dream ended and another one began.

Well, that's the end of it. By now, I've bet some of you snarfed your milk, beer, water, or soda. If I were somebody else, I would've pointed and laughed at me too. But the thing that bothered me the most is that

A. How I could remember such vivid detail

B. And the sadness of the whole thing.

Your thoughts?

2. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

BTW, since nobody replied to this post, I will emphasize the point that I'm being dead serious about this topic. It's worried me for some years now.

3. KyleK

KyleK Second Unit

I'm no expert on dreams, but pehaps it is an analogy to something you did in your life, i.e. making someones life miserable, or judging someone unfairly. Or maybe it means nothing at all. I'm not trying to turn this into a religious discussion, but the book of Daniel in the Bible is all about dream interpretaions. Very interesting stuff.

4. Brad_V

Brad_V Second Unit

Dreams are just an amalgamation of various things in your life, so I wouldn't dwell on finding some "deep" meaning in any of it at all. I just had a very vivid dream the other night about being at a banquet hall with 100 other people which was then taken over by Japanese terrorists. Why they happened to be Japanese, I don't know. Maybe because I've been calling around looking for a certain Japanese imported engine to put into my car.

I escaped with my girlfriend and then we were followed back to my house by three (American, for some reason, and very dumb) terrorists, but we took care of them so they had no chance of telling the other terrorists we had escaped. Do I expect there to be any deep, hidden meanings in that dream? Nope. And you shouldn't, either.

Dreams are just your mind giving itself some exercise. They don't mean anything.