What's new

Need HELP in locating speaker parts. (1 Viewer)

AndyXolepa

Auditioning
Forum readers:

Any help on this one would be deeply appreciated. I have just about finished building an Adire Alignment Tempest sub using 21 inch diameter Bristol sewer pipe. This stuff is 5/8" thick and can be used to fire Scuds. Getting the miscellaneous parts was no problem.

Now, using the same pipe, I am beginning to build two Pro Audio style subwoofers for my son who is beginning to dabble! in the DJ arena. The drivers are 18" Adire Maelstroms. Here is the problem - I cannot find two-piece speaker grills for these babies anywhere.

Does anyone have a source?

Andy (xolepa)

p.s. The waffle style grills I deemed inferior as objects can pass through them when the drivers are top-firing.

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure what "two-piece speaker grills" are. You can always build a frame for some tough metal window screen and put it in front of the drivers...

AndyXolepa

Auditioning
Andrew: your a wise guy, and if wasn't for the fact that my name is also Andrew, I would say that I don't like your name.:angry:

Dave: Thanks for the suggestion, but I am looking for a clean solution. Two piece grills consist of an adapter ring with mounting points in sync with the driver mounts and a grill section which slip fits over the ring. Adire and many vendors carry the 15" size. I need 18" versions of the same.

Since the Maelstrom design requires 6" ports, does anyone have a source for them?

Andy S (xolepa)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks