What's new

Need help in deciding between 25-31cs and Dharman... (1 Viewer)

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I've done some research here on the HTF and on HTT. HTT has more info regarding the Dharman and the HTF has more regarding the SVS25-31. I have received a few responses from Tom regarding the 25-31's and he has been most helpful.
The problem I face is this. I have 4500cu. ft. to fill with gooood bass. I want a subwoofer(s) that can be subtle for the wife and kids yet when I am off from work and alone I can crank it up and make me woozy in the head. I need good bass for music but enough sub 25Hz and below to fill a room like it was water. I want to feel it and experience it.
The Dharman looks to be a good sub at a great price. It seems to sit between the 25-31 and 20-39 from SVS (being that it is tuned to 22Hz). Plus it would have the WAF. I would be purchasing two of these. (2 because eventually I will have a dedicated HT in the basement)
The 25-31cs may not have the WAF to a point (wife said I can have what ever I want but we know how that goes) but it has a good reputation, super great customer support and Tom has assured me that these little guys will definitely fill a room. Again I would be purchasing two with the amp.
Price is important. The psychological $1000.00 mark definitley looms over me. It would be around $1150.00 for either sub (shipping included).
So, how would the two subs compare to each other? Is anybody running a dual 25-31 setup in a room that is similar in size to mine? Same with the Dharmans?
I would go with the DIY route but I simply do not have the tools nor the mental capacity to take something like this on.
I feel like Charlie Brown; wishy washy! :D

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Well, I am taking the dive! Going dual 25-31cs with Samson 700. And gonna ask for the optional 22Hz tune. Good Lord I hope these two will fill my room. Fingers crossed!!!!

Ordering now...

David Judah

Screenwriter
Congrats on the new purchase. There are alot of members who rave about the SVS' , and of course, Tom and Ron are readily available if you have questions or problems--I'm sure you will be very pleased with the results.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks