Need Help ID'ing 80's TV Show

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kraig Lang, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Kraig Lang

Kraig Lang Stunt Coordinator

Okay gang,

This one just popped into my head. Do you know the title of the show.

Synopsis:

14 or 15 year old boy gets caught up with a time travelling adventurer. They use a machine that looks like a watch to travel through time and fix things that are going wrong.

I remember that the guy popped into the kids bedroom one night and that's how the show started.

What do you think?

Kraig

2. Ernest Aguayo

Ernest Aguayo Stunt Coordinator

Voyagers!
    I loved that show! It was a cool-looking watch too. [​IMG]
    I believe the adult time traveler accidently popped into the kid's room but can't seem to get him back to the right time period. The kid knows a lot about history, so he comes in handy when it comes time to "fix" historical events so they occur correctly.
    Here's more Voyagers info, including an episode guide.

3. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I have the episodes on video. That was a classic although campy tv show. Similar in nature to Quantum Leap. Except, they can go to any time period and they didn't inhabit anyone's bodies. I think the show still airs sometimes on the scifi channel.

4. Kraig Lang

Kraig Lang Stunt Coordinator

Rock On, Thanks, I'm gonna have to go out and look this one up. Thanks for the Link too.

5. Ernest Aguayo

Ernest Aguayo Stunt Coordinator

It's still on Sci-Fi sometimes? I'll have to check it out next time. I am eager to see if I still think it's cool or if I think it hasn't stood the test of time. [​IMG]

6. Mark Lee

Mark Lee Second Unit

I used to watch this show every once in a while (my brother was a bigger fan of it than I was) -- Meeno Peluce (a vote here for one of the most annoying TV kids ever) and Jon-Erik Hexum (who would subsequently be killed on the set of the show he did after this one, when he shot himself in the head with a blanks-loaded pistol in an ill-advised attempt at garnering some yuks....).

Still remember the episode when the annoying little kid gets separated from -- Phineas! that was his name! -- and the "Omni" gets disassembled by Thomas Edison. As well as those earnest plugs for your local library at the end of every episode.

7. Leo Hinze

Leo Hinze Stunt Coordinator

Some TV trivia about this show. Meeno Peluce is the brother of Soleil Moon Frye, a.k.a. Punky Brewster.

8. Anthony Hom

Anthony Hom Supporting Actor

IIRC, Phineas has the kid with him because he lost a "history reference" he should be carrying with him at all times along with the omni. The kids is a whiz in history, so he uses him instead.