What's new

Need Help identifying CCR on SACD my parents got me a gift (1 Viewer)

John-Miles

Screenwriter
and well its a little complicated, you cant get SACD's here in Newfoundland so my sister bought these in Toronto at Sunrise records. she asked the manager where their super audio cd's are, and she bough willy and the poor boys and cosmos factory.
where my concern enters is that they dont ahve the sacd logo anywhere on them, and on the front they say 20bit k2 super coding as well they were aparently released in 2000 which i believe is before the sacd release.
are these discs SACD or just a remaster? IE did the manager of sunrise records rip off my sister?
please help me :)

Michael_T

Second Unit
Sorry to give you "bad" new on Christmas, but you do not have the SACDs. What you have are the latest redbook (normal CD) remasters that Fantasy records put out a few years ago.

There is no mistaking the SACD releases - as they have the HYBRID STEREO SACD stickers on the front of the jewel case.

I am not sure if your sister got "ripped off", since she may have paid the correct price for those remasters - but she definitely didn't get the SACDs she asked for.

Hope everything works out in your favor.

Merry Christmas.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Thanks Michael, to be honest i "knew" they werent SACD, but i wanted a little independant confirmation first. but never fear I have sent off my irate e-mail to sunrise records (the store she bought them from) hopefully someone at their head office will see a problem with their sales people lying to customers.
On the up side though I wont be able to buy a SACD player for a few months anyway :)
Thanks again for the info

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
John, Michael is right. Those aren't the SACDs, unfortunately. I have those K2 CDs, and they are much better than the original Fantasy CDs. However, I have the SACD of Willy and the Poorboys, and the SACD layer is noticeably better than the K2 CD. I haven't compared the CD layer to the K2 CD yet.
A dead giveaway that you have a CCR SACD, aside from the SACD and DSD logos on the back inserts, is the Super Jewel Box that hybrid SACDs come in. If you are still looking to get the CCR SACDs, you may find better prices from US retailers by mail. Check www.elusivedisc.com , www.acousticsounds.com , and www.amusicdirect.com , for example.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Thanks Keith, I will look at those dealers, its absolutely dreadful the prices this side of the border if you want dvd-a or SACD.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
John, no problem. I have come to understand that DVD-Audio and SACD software is expensive in Canada, as are Sony ES SACD players. That's rotten. :frowning:
Note that CCR SACDs are relatively expensive in the US too. The CCR SACDs are on the Analogue Productions label, and all Analogue Productions SACDs sell for $24.99 USD.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Well Im holding out for a universal player, so i expect to spend over 1000 for that, and well i only own 2 dvd-a titles, one cost me 32 taxes and shipping in, the other was a gift but cost 37 plus takes, so thats aboput 42 WOWZERS id only pat 20 taxes in for most cd's and 25 for most dvd...... The economy dosent like Canada it seems :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks