What's new

Need help ! I screwed in service menu :( (1 Viewer)

Domi

Auditioning
I have cured my oversqueeze problem on my Sony 32FV27 by changing ASP1 in the service menu. I have forgotten to turn the squeeze OFF before writing the modification in the memory. Now TPM DVD FBI's warning( with a red backgroud) is letterboxed instead off full screen.

I my memory giving me problems. Can someone with this set tell me if that warning is letterboxed or full screen ? I swear that it is supposed to be full screen and when I start to film, the TV catch the flag to squeeze.

Does someone know how to revert back to "squeeze when only needed" mode ?

Thanks

Doiminic

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
What are you referring to by Over squeeze??
If you are referring to the fact that it has a thicker bar than others it is supposed to as the films aspect ratio is 2.35:1.
BTW, if I rember correctley the warning is also presented in 2.35 as most anmorphic are for what I recall.

Domi

Auditioning
I think it is a false alarm. If I play satellite there is no squeeze. None either when I play a 4x3 disk like Avia Guide to Home theater.
Maybe because the TV as automatic enhance 16X9 (ie anamorphic squeeze without user intervention) I am not affected by the warning labeled *Note On that page .
Joe Tilley, I appreciate your willingness to help help me. but the oversqueeze problem is bad geometry when Wega sets are in squeeze mode. It is not the change of aspect ratios.
Dominic

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks