What's new

Need help hooking up my tv to my pc (1 Viewer)

Skybase

Auditioning
Real Name
Rene
Hey guys

I wanted to hookup my pc to my tv and don't know how to go about doing it.

What kind of cable would be best to use for this? Also, if you reccomend me a cable can you tell me what brand produces high quality ones?

Here are some of the specs my pc has as far as ports go, in case you needed this info:

-2 Firewire

-6 USB

Inputs- Video: Composite video (2), S-video (2), coaxial cable (1)

Ouputs- Video: Composite video (1), S-video (1), VGA (1)
Audio: Digital coaxial (1), 5.1 analog (1), analog stereo (mini) (1), headphone minijack (1)

and my TV has the red white and yellow jacks on the front that is being occupied by my Playstation 2, and on the back is an S Video with the red and white audio jacks.

Thanks for any help

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Get an S-video cable to connect between your TV back input and your computer S-video output.

Get an audio cable with stereo mini plug on one end for the computer analog stereo audio output and red/white RCA plugs at the other end for the TV audio input.

Be aware that S-video does not give as good a picture as VGA so the computer picture on your TV won't look as good as it does on your computer monitor. (Composite video is not as good as S-video for this purpose.)

It is possible that the TV won't work unless the computer is set to regular VGA (640x480) as opposed to super VGA or 1024x768. You'll have to try it out.

Video hints: Video Technicalia Made Easy

Skybase

Auditioning
Real Name
Rene
Thanks Allan

Once I get the necessary equip, I'll tell you how it went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lockheede
Recent bookmarks