What's new

Need Help: Hitachi flickering (1 Viewer)

Travis Pil

Auditioning
I have had this TV for a little more than 6 years. It is a 70" rear projection TV from Hitachi. I have noticed that about 6 months ago the picture seemed to start flickering every now and then. Recently, it has gotten worse. It seems like after the TV has been on for a half hour or so, the flickering goes away. Is there anything I can do to correct this problem. I would hate to get rid of this TV after only having it for a few years.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks again.

ChrisCan

Agent
Sounds like you might have a problem with bad solder connnections on the IC's. When everything warms up joints expand and all is good. Probably wouldn't hurt to get in there with some compressed air and blow off the dust after 7 yrs

John S

Senior HTF Member
A little more than 6 years??? "Only having it a few years?" Hmmm, I'd call out a service outfit, if you want to keep it. You are approaching it's life cycle, so you may be starting down and endless path of service on it is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks