What's new

Need help! Have static noise coming from all surround speakers. (1 Viewer)

jwballa11

Auditioning
Real Name
john smith
I'm so stumped and don't know what to do.I have been geting this static noise that comes and goes for a few months.I recently bought all new equipment hoping that would fix the problem and I wanted to upgrade.I got static noise with my old equipment and now my new home surround equipment.I use Hdmi cables and have took them out and used rca cables and still got the noise. I have a karaoke,ps3,cable box and cd player all sitting around my receiver so I unpuged all other apliances incase of noise interfierence.I bought a new monster surge to try to help.Still get noise. I have a sony 7.1 av str-Dn1010 reciever and Klipsch high def. 5.1 -300 speaker system with my Klp F2 klipsch towers. Everything is new except my towers speakers since the noise.But like I said I get static noise that comes out of every speaker.I also got a new speaker wire.And I have checked all connections.Still I get the noise.I tried plugging into a different ac outlet across the living room but still got the staic noise too.It's an anoining static noise that just sound horriable.Can anybody help me please? Thanks, John

conuronton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Bummer!

Video source? Cable?? If so, try unhooking the cable feed into the box. I had rolling "hum bars" on the TV and could not figure out how in the world it was happening, well long story short it was the ground differential between the cable line and the house ground.

Then try hooking up one source at a time to see if one will set off the noise.

If that doesn't work, try hooking up each speaker at a time.... check the resistance on the speakers too

jwballa11

Auditioning
Real Name
john smith
Ya I tested all speakers.They our brand new and beside it made the same noise with my old speakers too . I don't know. I'm stumped.

julezberg

Agent
Real Name
Ian
this is a long shot, but check to make sure there is no cellophane wrap between the speaker baffle and the screen (from packaging). I had a bad static sound for about a month before i noticed this on my speakers. All i could do was just lol when i figured it out it was something that stupid.

mikeabt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
John,

Make sure that NO power cords to components are running along: A) speaker wire, and B) incoming audio/video source cables. If crossing - then at 90 degree crossings only. Remove from direct contact if at all possible. Also, some power cords running along other power cords (including in-wall / in-ceiling prower wiring when in contact with cable) can cause problems - not as big a deal as A/B above. BE CAREFUL WHEN MESSING WITH ANY POWER CORDS/ WIRING.

Next step may be to plug all components into power cleaner. Different from surge protector only. MONSTER? Scary (from a price/benefit p.o.v.).

If the surge protector does not have a minimum of one-stage of power cleaning filters, then won't remove the crackle/hummmm. Some have three /more filters.

Is circuit on anything that could cause excessive noise in system? Broadcast radio (CB / HAM / baby monitor,) continuous runnnig vent fan or computer printer (not so much a problem).

Hope this solves your problem if other posts don't.

jwballa11

Auditioning
Real Name
john smith
There is no rap on my speakers.And the static noise is coming from all 8 speakers.

jwballa11

Auditioning
Real Name
john smith
So I took all power cords away from speaker wire and so far so good. I hope this works. Thank you.

jwballa11

Auditioning
Real Name
john smith
So moved wires around a little bit. It seemed to help a little but still makes static noise in all surround speakers. The sub really goes crazy with static noise.

mikeabt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Do you have florescent lighting in the room where the theater system is located or in an adjoining room? Basement /floor below?

I once had a receiver that provided static to the front-left speaker only. It got progressively more pronounced but assumed it indicated that the receiver was going bad. Moved it, tried new speakers, different wires, changed speakers..........still persisted. Ditched the receiver and got a new one - problem solved. It was an Aiwa receiver and I was looking for a good reason to get rid of it.

Back to your situation - crazy sub really has me stumped. Also, the fact that the power cord moves made some difference but not all static pulled.

Try switching the sound field. You say surrounds are worse - switch the fronts to the back at the receiver and see if the same static remains in the rears.

Other than above - I'm running short on other possible solutions.

Dylanmason

Auditioning
Real Name
Dylan
I have a frisby home theater system it's brand new I had it working great and the the power went out and now I have static to all 5 speakers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks