Need help, German HTF gurus - Good cheap 5.1 speaker package?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Barnhart, Aug 2, 2001.

1. Scott Barnhart

Scott Barnhart Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    My sister-in-law (lives in Hanau) wants to buy a good but inexpensive 5.1 speaker package for her system. Something along the lines of an Energy Take5 or Atlantic Tech T70 system, but available in Germany. What are good sets to look at (and what are ones to avoid) that she should consider? I am trying to get her budget right now, but I would imagine it will be less than DM 1500.
    She lives in an apartment, so ground-shaking bass is not really needed, although a good modest subwoofer would be nice.
    Her current equipment is:
    Onkyo 787 (or German equivalent - last year's 7-series DD/DTS receiver)
    Philips Widescreen TV
    Apex AD600A DVD
    5 super-cheap (crappy) Sony speakers that came with an old Sony rack system - no subwoofer.
    Any help would be much appreciated - she wants to go out and listen (and hopefully buy) this weekend.
    Thanks,
    Scott
    ------------------
    Scott Barnhart
    [email protected]

2. Scott Barnhart

Scott Barnhart Stunt Coordinator

bump...

3. Shade Watson

Shade Watson Stunt Coordinator

Scott,
    I don't know what the conversion DM/$ is, but I recommend the ceramic nOrh 4.0 system for US$850 if it is in that price range. They ship anywhere I believe. This does not include a sub, which you will need.
    www.norh.com
    Shade
    ------------------
    Don't let your woman control your bass!
    [Edited last by Shade Watson on August 03, 2001 at 01:03 AM]