What's new

Need help from the HTF (if you get your local newspaper) (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Hi Guys,
As part of a school project, I have found myself needing a weeks worth of newspapers from somewhere in the country. I was hoping that a kind HTF member (or two or three) would be willing to send me a weeks worth of their local newspaper (this can be this upcoming week of the 15th- or if you haven't tossed last week's papers, that's fine too).
I will be happy to repay the postage to anyone who can send me the stack of papers, and you will have my gratitude.
The only guidelines are:
- Must be a daily paper.
- Minimum of three day's worth (preferably a week) of newspapers.
- A non-metropolitan paper (local town paper- that means no medium-to-big city papers).
- Must include Sunday edition if they publish one.
Can anyone help me out on this? Please post here, or email me directly:
[email protected]
-Vince

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Vince

I would be happy to send you the SF Chronicle but it seems not to fit the bill.

If that changes let me know

Grant

Kenny Foor

Stunt Coordinator
Vince, I deliver newspapers for the Southeast Missourian in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. I would be happy to send you a weeks worth of papers.

Ken Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry I can't help you Vince. My local paper is only published once a week. This is probably for the best since it has such news highlights such as, "News from Ellis Grove", "Delores Williams visited Janice Burns Thursday for a luncheon with friends. Those in attendance where.....".

Jay Leno would love this stuff. Small towns are great for many things but news isn't one of them.

Kenny, good to know there is someone from the area on the forum. I assume you've visited Stereo One. I'm from Chester just up river. Anyway, welcome.

Scott_G

Second Unit
I recycle the local Raleigh paper and have a weeks worth.

I would guess that Raleigh qualifies as a medium size city thus disqualifying it from your project.

If not let me know and I'll ship them to you.

Kenny Foor

Stunt Coordinator
Kenny, good to know there is someone from the area on the forum. I assume you've visited Stereo One. I'm from Chester just up river. Anyway, welcome.
An old friend's dad owns Stereo One. Great place to kill time. Yes I've been to Chester, Cool town.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Vince,

I can offer The Everett Herald, which is a local weekly serving the City of Everett and Snohomish County. I would be happy to send you the 14th thru the 20th if you would like.

You can also take a quick look at them online to determine if they will fit your needs.

Colin

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
If you're still looking, I can send you "The Capital" from Annapolis, MD. While Annapolis is technically the capital of Maryland, it is a very small city of ~ 50k people.
Is that small enough ?
Online at: Link Removed
I'd have to edit out any "Police Beat" entries with my name in it... ;)

Alan Benson

Stunt Coordinator
I'm fairly sure I can offer you The Lompoc Record for either this week or last--I don't think I've thrown any away lately...

Lompoc, CA -- population 45,000

Daily paper + Sunday Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks