Need help from Dallas members..

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeH, Mar 8, 2002.

1. MikeH

MikeH Stunt Coordinator

I'm heading to Dallas in early April for a conference. Thankfully I have a night free and plan on going to a Rangers game. It is 1/2 hr. drive to get from my hotel to the ballpark. Can any of the Dallas HTF members give me some info about how much a taxi will cost? I'm budgeting about $25 each way. I figure it will cost about $250 (damn exchange rate [​IMG] ) to see one game but this is my first chance to see a major league game and the Rangers are my favorite AL team.
    Thanks for your help.
    Mike

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

It'll help if you tell us where your hotel is going to be...

3. MikeH

MikeH Stunt Coordinator

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Ack, you're on the north side of Dallas then. Last time I took a taxi from Irving (north west Dallas) to Arlington, it was around $25.
    I'd suggest doing some legwork before you come down - call a few of the local taxi cab companies, get a quote. If you can get a good quote - book the cab & call them a day before to remind them...
    Yahoo! list of taxi companies in Dallas
    I'm sorry I couldn't be more help. The metroplex is very car orientated, most people don't use taxis very often.

5. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Try asking the front desk at your hotel for advice. Might they have a shuttle service that could get you there?

Jim