What's new

Need HELP From An AOL User THANKS (1 Viewer)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
First, I really don't know what I'm doing with computers, yes I can use the internet & ect & that's about it. So here is what I need help with.

My computer for some reason will not let me get to any of AOL services like favorites, my email & etc. The favorites box at the top of the screen isn't even highlighted anymore?and when I try to get my email the AOL logo just keeps turning around forever & then a window pops up saying something about system response. What I think happened is that some buttons may have been pressed on the keyboard by mistake & now my computer can't talk to AOL. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance & please explain how I might be able to fix it in plain english or I'm going to be lost. Like Hold this button down & then press this button. Thanks Again.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Is it always like that, or just now? Every so often I have a similar problem where I can't click on any of the icons at the top (except to sign off). I don't know what causes that (I'm still on AOL 5.0; maybe it's an AOL bug). However, I can always get around that by signing off and logging back on.

If it's always like that for you, then that's a different problem. If you click on AOL help, they have a link for contacting them though I've never found that to be useful.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Thanks THI, turned out to be some sort of a modem connection problem? It got fixed after a window poped up saying that AOL was searching for a modem connection? But now that I think of it your idea probably would have fixed it too. I'll have to remember that in the future. But I do wonder why the window took 3 days before it came up though? and I really din't have time to spend on the phone with AOL & my first attempt with them I din't have any idea of what they were talking about. I'm just an old computer dummy :D
This forum really does come in handy though ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks