1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Need help from 950 owners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ricky_G, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Ricky_G

Ricky_G Auditioning

Hi, I am a fairly new owner of the 950 and have been tinkering with it for about a month now. I got the movie sound down and it sounds great in my system. Where I need assistance on is the 2 channel stereo mode.
    I have tried different settings (bypass, no subwoofer, xover to 40hz) but I can't seem to get the bass cranked out on my B&W 604s. I can attach my old carver preamp and I could feel the bass coming out from those towers even at low volumes. With the 950 the bass control just doesnt have any oomph. That's why I want to find out if I'm missing something. I can adjust the bass from the input menu from min to max and I can only hear a slight difference. It's getting frustrating and annoying because I can't figure it out (scratching my head). I'm getting to the point where I want to just sell this unit and buy a 1066 maybe. Please help!!!
    I thank you all in advance for any info you can provide. If I can't figure it out, anyone interested in a 950? [​IMG]
    Thanks

2. Ricky_G

Ricky_G Auditioning

Since I got no response, I assume that its by design how the 950 sounds. So I have 2 follow up questions:
    1. Can anyone recommend a good audio switch box? I want to see if I can try hooking up both preamps to the same amp and just do an A/B switch between them. I want to make sure that there is not much degredation of sound quality when it passes through the box.
    2. If I decide to get rid of this unit. Would anyone in So. Cal be interested in purchasing the unit? (If you are, please email me at [email protected] and not reply to this post...thanks)
    Thanks everyone

3. Jeff James

Jeff James Agent

Outlaw has some sort of bass management system available for $250 that may help you out, but I don't know much of anything about it. I just started researching Outlaw. Just thought this might help.

-J

4. Ricky_G

Ricky_G Auditioning

Hehe...for 250 more, I might as well buy a Rotel. [​IMG]