Need help from 950 owners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ricky_G, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Ricky_G

Ricky_G Auditioning

Hi, I am a fairly new owner of the 950 and have been tinkering with it for about a month now. I got the movie sound down and it sounds great in my system. Where I need assistance on is the 2 channel stereo mode.
    I have tried different settings (bypass, no subwoofer, xover to 40hz) but I can't seem to get the bass cranked out on my B&W 604s. I can attach my old carver preamp and I could feel the bass coming out from those towers even at low volumes. With the 950 the bass control just doesnt have any oomph. That's why I want to find out if I'm missing something. I can adjust the bass from the input menu from min to max and I can only hear a slight difference. It's getting frustrating and annoying because I can't figure it out (scratching my head). I'm getting to the point where I want to just sell this unit and buy a 1066 maybe. Please help!!!
    I thank you all in advance for any info you can provide. If I can't figure it out, anyone interested in a 950? [​IMG]
    Thanks

2. Ricky_G

Ricky_G Auditioning

Since I got no response, I assume that its by design how the 950 sounds. So I have 2 follow up questions:
    1. Can anyone recommend a good audio switch box? I want to see if I can try hooking up both preamps to the same amp and just do an A/B switch between them. I want to make sure that there is not much degredation of sound quality when it passes through the box.
    2. If I decide to get rid of this unit. Would anyone in So. Cal be interested in purchasing the unit? (If you are, please email me at r_m_b_g@yahoo.com and not reply to this post...thanks)
    Thanks everyone

3. Jeff James

Jeff James Agent

Outlaw has some sort of bass management system available for $250 that may help you out, but I don't know much of anything about it. I just started researching Outlaw. Just thought this might help.

-J

4. Ricky_G

Ricky_G Auditioning

Hehe...for 250 more, I might as well buy a Rotel. [​IMG]