need help for sub.

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Kyle H, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Kyle H

Kyle H Agent

hello,
    my infinity sub blew off....and i want to replace it with somewhat similar ones, my living room is 15'x22' (ft) (the infinity sub i had was bu-150 15", with output of 250W, and it was beautiful... What do you think about the JBL PB12-Z 12" 250W ??? should i get this? by the way, i can't afford a sub that is more than $250 worth (poor collegie)

2. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

3. Kyle H

Kyle H Agent

hey, thanks for replying, but shipping charge is nearly $50, shouldn't I use that amount to concentrate on better sub?

4. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

Check this one out

http://www.bestpriceaudiovideo.com/p...iliate_code=PG

That is a fine sub at ubid for someone on a tight budget. $100 total for a $279 sub. Not bad.
    I got one that was a 15" and adjusted the crossover to 50 cycles to avoid the resonance freq of the sub. I left my speakers set to large. Because they are capable of doing that it worked out fine. If you have very, very, small speakers with limited bass, then a quality sub would be in your destiny. $300-$700 for a very nice one. Try to get a price match at a local store after an internet search.
    Good luck, I suggest you go to a few stores and listen to different subs to see which one has a clean flat low end.Too late, someone drove the bid up to $150! Oh well. Just keep checking the site.