What's new

Need Help For My Parents (1 Viewer)

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
My parents want a normal projection screen tv. The problem is they only want to spend $1,500. Size isn't as big of an issue as quality is and they want wide screen. I am pretty sure that they can't get a true HDTV with a built in tuner for this price. There are a few brands that they want to stay away from, primarily GE, Phillips, LG.

So is this deed possible, or are they dreaming. I want them to be happy with picture quality and future compatibility. Thanks in advance.

Brandon

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Brandon, in my opinion it is a waste of money to get a built-in HD tuner, unless they only want to view the local OTA channels. If they plan on getting HD satellite or HD cable, they have to get a separate HD receiver anyway. What is their plan?

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Good call on the HD Tuner, I forgot about them having cable, guess I wasn't thinking.

So any good HD Monitors in that price range?

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Sony, Hitachi, Mitsubishi, Toshiba, and Panasonic all make good HD-capable crt based widescreen HD-capable (no HD tuners) sets in the 46-51 inch size range for about $1500.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks