What's new

Need help finding visual/audio aids for HDTV lesson (1 Viewer)

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
So I changed jobs a couple months ago (when the Shuttle CAU was finally cancelled) and now I'm going to be training crew members (astronauts, ascans, console operators, and other trainers) on EVA stuff. I'm also going to work on console eventually, but for now I'm going through a course on being an effective teacher. For my first 30-minute lesson, I decided to do "How HDTV Works". I start with a basic overview of the different formats of TV from 480i to 1080i, including a quick explanation of interlaced/progressive and aspect ratios. Then I briefly describe the different types of HDTVs, grouped by technology (CRT, LCD, Plasma, DLP, etc). My final main point is to cover some of the nuances in shopping for an HDTV such as constraints (budget, size, lighting), goals, and where/how to buy.

This is what I need help with -- I need to get pictures or animations to help in my presentation. I'll be using powerpoint, but can embed avi/mpeg movies. I think I'll have a much easier time explaining how everything works with good visuals. I've seen lots of this stuff out there, but I've only got a couple days left to put this lesson together (presenting it on Thursday), so it's crunch time. If you could post links, that would work best. If you have stuff saved locally, PM me (and let me know you did so) and I can provide an email addy. Thanks in advance guys :)

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
So I've managed to find decent pics for explaining interlaced vs. progressive, aspect ratio, and resolution (although I could use better ones). I still need some pics to help show how RPTVs, plasma, LCD, and maybe DLP, LCoS, etc work. Any volunteers?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks