Need help finding the title of a movie!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Fred Bang, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Fred Bang

Fred Bang Stunt Coordinator

I remember seeing this movie when I was a kid, and I believe it is a 50-60's movies (in color).

It,s a sci-fi movie where a group of astronaut are sent on an asteroid to destroy it before it collides with earth. They destroy the asteroid except a man brings back some kind of goey virus on board the space station. The goey going under the "space suit cleaning" radiations transforms into an incredible number of octopus-like monsters.

They humans are unable to kill the monster; each time monster blood is spilled, it grows into more monsters.

I have no idea what the name is, but in French it was something like: "Bataille au dela des etoiles" (battle beyond the stars) (No it's NOT the 1980 movie)

Thanks

2. Perry Jonkheer

Perry Jonkheer Second Unit

That would be "The Green Slime" from 1968 starring Robert Horton and Luciana Paluzzi.

3. Fred Bang

Fred Bang Stunt Coordinator

Damn! That was fast![​IMG]
    Yeah that's it. That's the kind of movie I used to love, but I better leave that nice little memory alone. I bet it's really crappy.

4. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    A little trivia: THE GREEN SLIME was the film riffed in the PILOT episode for Mystery Science Theater 3000. It was edited down to 30 minutes, and was never seen in its entirety by the public.